Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Walk it off!

I always thought telling someone to walk off an injury was kind of stupid. If I've hurt my ankle or my knee, how will walking help? I know it applies some times, and it's not always bad advice, it's just odd.

Well, we had to "walk it off" Sunday. Everything for first service went as planned. Then second service got off to a good start. We played:
Friend of God (D)
The Heart of Worship (D)
Grace that is Greater (G)
Open the Eyes of My Heart (E)
Everlasting God (B)

However, it was when we got to Everlasting God during second service that we ran into unexpected problems. They were not only unexpected, they were unexplainable. There was a strange feedback noise coming from the guitarist's (Aleks) effects pedal, the wireless in-ears were dropping in and out, even the Avioms were behaving in that way. We have no clue what happened, why it happened, or how to avoid it. After service we tried to figure it out and could not. Your guess is as good as mine.

The "walk it off" bit is that we just played right through it. I thought "maybe the guitar is a little wak and my ears are losing the battery, the rest of the band is fine, we'll keep going." Little did I know. So what did we do? We "walked it off," we played through.

I don't know what the church heard (or thought), but I was really proud of us for playing through it in what seemed like a pretty strong way.
After we "played it through," we laughed it off. Hope it doesn't happen next week.

Oh, and cudos to Nancy on her first week at keyboard; she did a fantastic job. And thanks to Carri for filling in at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment