Monday, July 27, 2009

Last week (July 19)

I didn't post last week. Oops!

The 19th was a ton of fun. We had Kasie play acoustic for the second time. She did a great job. Of course she sang too, which is always a blessing.

Kevin, Jeff and Rachel played awesomely! We had the awesome blessing of having Corie play Djimbe. She was great.

We did a new song called "Son of God," by Starfield. I, for one, really like the song. It's a cool song musically, but my favorite part are the words. It juxtaposes a God who hung the stars and a God who lives inside my heart, one who dwells in the expanse of the Universe and yet inhabits my own life too. Granted the universe bows to Him more readily than my cluttered soul, but it's still a beautiful thing.

Then the song confesses with gratitude that it is being sung by one "forgiven." I know it's easy to praise God for who He is and His glory, but for me it's more difficult to remember to praise Him out of pure gratitude for what He's done in my life. Maybe it's the other way around for some folks; they worship out of gratitude alone. I marvel at the size and magnificence of this great Lord Jesus, but I also can detach my own life's journey and not worship out of gratitude as well. I hope that makes sense.

We also played "I could sing" by Delirious
"None but Jesus" by Hillsong United
"At the Foot of the Cross" by Kathryn Scott
"You never let go" by Matt Redman.

It's a humbling task, that of leading the children of the Most High into His presence, a task that I certainly don't set out to accomplish, but that I simply participate in and hope to facilitate. It's up to each of us to enter in.

No comments:

Post a Comment